Tikka Prefit Replacement Barrel
For the Tikka T3/T3x Prefit replacement barrel we offer a fixed shoulder and a variable shoulder barrel
Tikka pre-fit rifles are designed and built for top of line accuracy and incredible performance in any situation. Built to be durable and functional.
How to Install a Tikka T3 (variable shoulder)
To install your Tikka variable shoulder pre-fit you'll need a bench vise, a barrel nut wrench, a torque wrench, and a set of head-space gauges (the head-space will be set from the factory).
- Bottom the variable shoulder nut towards the muzzle of the barrel.
- Thread it into your receiver up against the go-gauge, then slightly back it off.
- Then torque the nut up against the receiver and that will lock your barrel in place.
- At that point make sure to check it with a no go gauge making sure that the bolt will not close on the no-go, but will still fall on the go-gauge.
Things to Confirm Before Ordering or Selecting the Drop-In Barrel for Your Tikka
- Be sure that you have the correct stock inlet for the contour you've selected.
- Make sure the cartridge you've selected is compatible with the action length, and the bolt face diameter that you currently have.
- For the fixed shoulder version you should get a barrel vise and an action wrench so you can get your action torque onto the barrel without tweaking or hurting the action.
Difference Between Fixed Shoulder/Variable Shoulder Tikka Pre Fit Barrel
The largest difference between these two barrels is the tooling required to install them correctly.
For the variable shoulder you can use a torque wrench with our barrel nut wrench. This does require the use of head-space gauges where the fixed shoulder will come with set head-spaces out of the box.
For the fixed shoulder version you should get a barrel vise and an action wrench so you can get your action torqued onto the barrel without tweaking or hurting the action (head-space set from factory).