Black Friday Sale Starts Friday at 12:01 am!Use Code: Christmas2021 for 10% Off Anything (ends Mon at midnight)
ARC – Coup De Grâce Bolt Action
American Rifle Company – Coup De Grâce Action
Whether it puts competitors out of their misery or puts an end to the confusion resulting from the myriad of other bolt actions with little or nothing to distinguish one from the other, American Rifle Company’s Coup De Grâce is certainly worthy of its name.
From the Oxford English Dictionary:
e. coup de grâce n. /ku də ɡras/ [literally stroke of grace] a blow by which one condemned or mortally wounded is ‘put out of his misery’ or dispatched quickly; hence figurative a finishing stroke, one that settles or puts an end to something.
The Coup De Grâce does more with less and looks great doing it with its beautiful and simplified design. The bolt assembly is composed of only sixteen parts but can function with as few as twelve, of which two are springs and one is a ball. The entire bolt, even the striker assembly, can be disassembled in the field without the use of tools.
The Coup De Grâce is explosively tested for safety at pressures that greatly exceed standard-proof loads.
Barrels purchased with actions get free expedited service, CLICK HERE to make it a barreled action!
Comes standard with:
- Remington 700 footprint
- Integral recoil lug
- Integral 20 MOA Picatinny rail
- 1.0625-20 UN 2B barrel thread
- Screw-adjustable trigger hanger
- AIAW optimized (short action)
- AICS compatible with optional forward hard stop piece (short action)
- AICS 3.850″/CIP magazine compatibility (long action)
- Robust, 9 o’clock bolt release
- Receiver-mounted passive (aka mechanical) ejector
- DLC Finish
- Tool-less bolt assembly
- 3 lug interchangeable floating bolt heads 0.378″ to 0.588″
- 70° bolt rotation
- Controlled-round-feed extractor
- Pivoting handle, primary extraction
- Fixed handle option for conventional cam extraction
- Dual cocking cams
- Toroidal bolt-lug bearing surfaces
- Standard 5/16-24 UNF 2A bolt knob thread
- Black nitride finish
Please be advised that cartridges with 14.93mm (.588 in) diameter case heads, i.e. 338 Lapua Mag, will not be engaged by the extractor as they are released by the magazine feed lips. Instead, they will feed in a manner like that exhibited by push feed actions, especially if used with the fixed bolt handle.
We strongly recommend choosing the pivoting handle for use with the 588 bolt head for two reasons. First, large cartridges are more likely to get stuck in the chamber than small cartridges. And secondly, the cartridges will be extractable without the need to rotate the bolt closed.
All actions require a federal firearms license (FFL) before shipping. Please Email the FFL to [email protected]
Barrels purchased with actions get free expedited service, CLICK HERE to add one!
Price Match Guarantee – We won’t be beat on price. We will match the price of identical, in-stock products.